RAF Basic Training is designed to test you to your limits, taking you outside of your comfort zone. You will be in the care of the Royal Air Force and they will provide you with all the support you will need. We have detailed here what to bring as your RAF Basic Training Kit.
With that in mind, they will not allow anything that’s unnecessary to basic training. These items will be confiscated and either sent home (at your expense) or confiscated. Below are some of the common things that recruits bring that will not be permitted at basic training:
Some of these items may seem like a no-brainer, or not a big deal to bring – but trust us you’ll be better off if you leave these at home.
- Expensive personal items: cameras, expensive jewelry and expensive electronics are hard to safeguard during training (wedding ring is ok)
- Nonprescription drugs/Over-the-counter medications
- Pocketknives, firearms, ammunition, fireworks, clubs, batons, brass knuckles, straight razors, ice picks, and so on are not allowed.
- Obscene or pornographic material
- Alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages
- Gambling items
- Health supplements
- Acrylic/fake nails
- Energy Drinks
You are allowed to bring your mobile phone with you. It will be locked away most of the day.
Always refer and go by what your joining instructions and the AFCO advise.
Summary Of Not What To Bring To Air Force BRTC
If you have other questions regarding what to bring, your recruiter is your point of contact for any specific concerns about medications or toiletry products. If you forget anything, you will have an opportunity to purchase anything you need or you will be provided with it.
Double-check your documents to be sure you’re bringing all items that apply to you and bring everything that is on your kit list.