The Cadet Centre of Adventurous Training (CCAT) has three main UK Cadet Training Centres:
- Capel Curig Training Camp in north Wales
- Halton Training Camp near Lancaster
- Rothiemurchus Lodge near Aviemore
The cadets also use overseas bases to deliver a range of training courses in Canada, Germany, Switzerland, Norway, and Spain. This article concentrates on the Cadet Training Rothiemurchus Lodge and covers things to do near the camp and accommodation options.
Address: Aviemore, PH22 1QU, Scotland.
Rothiemurchus Lodge offers year-round, affordable, self-catering accommodation in the heart of the stunning Cairngorm Mountains.
Rothiemurchus Lodge provides accommodation for Cadet Forces.
The Lodge has 102 beds over three separate accommodation buildings. The breath-taking Cairngorms and Spey Valley provide the perfect surroundings for skiing, mountain biking, climbing, hillwalking, fishing, canoeing, windsurfing and much more.
There is a huge range of activities offered by Rothiemurchus and the lively town of Aviemore.
Rothiemurchus Lodge has slowly expanded over the years from its small beginnings back in 1948. Benefits include:
- All rooms centrally heated and double-glazed. Some have en-suite facilities.
- Large, fully-equipped kitchens with fridge, freezer, microwave ovens, crockery and cutlery. The Union Jack Lodge has industrial dishwashers.
- Washing and drying facilities.
- Linen and towels can be provided at an extra charge.
- TVs in each of the four lounges as well as in en-suite rooms.
- WiFi is available at a small charge
- Well-stocked bar with an assortment of beverages and snacks, that can be enjoyed with prior arrangement. The bar area also holds a number of games, reading materials and a full-size pool table.
Accomodation at Rothiemurchus Lodge
Accomodation at Rothiemurchus Lodge includes:
Nuffield Lodge which iideal for couples and families with en-suite facilities. Rooms can be configured into double or single beds depending on requirement. There are four en-suite units: one sleeping five, two sleeping four, and one twin room. It has a fully equipped kitchen and lounge/dining area.
New Nuffield (Bunkhouse) which is ideal for small or medium groups. It consists mainly of bunkhouse accommodation and has one six-berth room, two two-berth rooms, two four-berth rooms and one twin room. It has separate male and female showers and toilets, lounge/dining room and fully equipped kitchen.
The Union Jack Lodge is ideal for large or small groups and consists mainly of bunkhouse accommodation. On two floors: upper floor has six four-berth rooms, two six-berth rooms and one two-berth room. The ground floor has eight four-berth rooms. Each floor has its own lounge, dining room, kitchen, showers and toilets.
Activities in the Cairngorms
Rothiemurchus Lodge is ideally located as a hub for all forms of outdoor activities, including mountain biking, hill walking, climbing and water sports, plus in the winter season skiing and snowboarding at the Cairngorm Ski Centre.
- Loch Morlich offers a great space for water sports including canoeing. The loch has beautiful sandy beaches and a forest walk of approx 6 km around the shore.
- There is a huge amount of forest tracks in the area of the lodge, offering treks for every level of cyclist.
- Rothiemurchus Lodge is ideally situated for you to get the best from the skiing in the Cairngorms.
- The loch also provides a fantastic venue for wind surfing.
- There are many locations to climb; here are a few, all within 30min of the lodge. There are also a number of climbing walls in the general area including walls at Aviemore and Coylumbridge.
Cadet Training Rothiemurchus Lodge
UK CADET TRAINING CENTRES TRANING KIT
Supply Drop offers a wide range of Army Cadet Training kit at exceptionally good prices, including items such as:
- boot brushes
- polishing cloth
- shoe polish
- boot socks
- trouser ties
- camoflauge boot care carry all pouch – can be attached to webbing or ruck sack